Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 39 items
Sex & Nudity
- Several humorous comments on a man's buttocks. Sexual dialogue.
- Some female costumes show cleavage.
- There are brief kissing scenes.
- A man is shirtless through a scene that lasts 4-5 minutes.
- A man talks about a date he went on with another man.
Violence & Gore
- A character is impaled through the chest from behind and dies.
- A character returns from battle, covered in blood.
- In one scene a male gets a shuriken thrown at his face, we then see 5 to 6 others get stabbed or sliced by a sword.
- A characters stabs an enemy repeatedly in the back with daggers with a little bit of blood spraying each stab. (Blood is purple)
- There are multiple sci-fi action sequences, and mayhem throughout, including a 40 minute war sequence.
- There are fight scenes throughout the movie. Some are intense, especially the final battle, which contains blood.
- Most severe profanities are 2 uses of "d**khead" after that perhaps milder profanities that includes 10 uses of "s**t", 2 uses of "g** d**n" 1 use of "b***h", a few uses of "**s", and 1 use of "p**s".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Thor is seen drinking A LOT of beer and alcohol and you can see supplies outside and around the house. He looks for a drink numerous times throughout.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- One scene where a man suffers from heart problems caused by another. He is shown in pain and drops to the floor for a couple seconds.
- One character is decapitated, another commits suicide.
- Of all the MCU films, this one is easily the darkest and most depressing film in the franchise. It's much more emotional and intense than "Infinity War", and the film has the tone, look and feel of a dystopian movie, akin to Logan (2017). There's a persistent sense of hopelessness throughout the film, and all of this might be too much for some viewers who are familiar with the previous MCU films.
Sex & Nudity
- Ant-Man makes a comment on Captain America's butt by saying "That is America's ass" This is played for laughs
Violence & Gore
- A masked man fights numerous people on a street and in buildings (people are stabbed and gunshots are heard). He then fights a man, slicing his throat. Although the action is not directly seen, blood can be seen trickling down the man's neck onto his hand.
- At the very beginning, Thanos is decapitated by Thor. We briefly see it fly off. This is somewhat graphic, but later on in the film we see a flashback through nebulas eyes showing it up close. This is extremely graphic and gruesome. However the disturbing aspect of this scene is lessened by the fact that the character deserved it.
- In a moment that mirrors Gamora's death in "Infinity War", Black Widow sacrifices herself to make Hawkeye earn the Soul Stone by leaping off a cliff. We then see her corpse lying on the ground, with a pool of blood around her.
- Thor struggles as he has his weapon, the Stormbreaker, driven into his chest, he can be seen screaming out in pain as it begins to cut beyond his armor. Very disturbing.
- In a scene, Bruce Banner wields the Infinity Stones and snaps his fingers to bring those affected by Thanos' snap in "Infinity War" back to life, which causes him immense pain and he immediately loses his right arm after it's permanently injured. We later see the physical, severe burns that the stones have caused on his arm.
- During the battle at the Avengers' headquarters, the final battle between the Avengers and their now restored allies against Thanos, numerous filler characters / minions die, including getting blown up, tossed about, stepped on, impaled, blasted or shot, etc. None of it is bloody or dwelt on, less so than the climactic battle of Wakanda in "Infinity War", but it's still rather brutal and it has an even higher body count.
- Tony Stark is mortally wounded after snapping his fingers in an intense confrontation with Thanos. His entire body has severe burns, and it's all shown in gruesome detail, complete with several sores and blisters all over his body and later dies from this, as his grieving wife, Pepper Potts, and his friends mourn his death. This scene is very emotional and disturbing.
- A scene shows Nebula killing her past self. This is unexpected and quite violent.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many people are killed during the intense third act war scene.
- A scene where a ship opens fire on a building and we see characters inside the building struggle is quite intense.
- Hawkeye and Black Widow fight each other on the edge of a cliff so the other person doesn't have to be the sacrifice for the soul stone. Eventually, Black Widow decides to sacrifice herself, resulting in her tragic death. This is an extremely emotional and intense scene, and adding to the fact that Black Widow is a much beloved character by the fans, only makes it even worse.
- The death(s) of major character(s) can be very emotional.
- In one particular scene, some monsters chase a character down a dark tunnel. It can be frightening for younger viewers.
- 2 main characters die, and the movie can be very emotional for viewers
- In a scene, Nebula's prosthetic hand melts when she picks up the Power Stone, revealing a skeletal structure. This may be frightening for some.
- Thor is seen suffering from severe PTSD in this film, due to the traumatic events he had throughout, especially after losing against Thanos. Because of this, he's shown drinking heavily to relieve himself, to the point of becoming overweight and gaining a bulging beer belly, and he also panics when reminded of this, as shown by the fact that he instantly freaks out when Hulk mention Thanos in front of him. This can be disturbing for some people.
- The last 10 minutes (after the climactic battle) are very emotional, as the Avengers and their allies end up parting ways, which may affect those who where familiar with their relationships as a team on a emotional level.
- Tony Stark's death following his sacrifice to defeat Thanos can (and should) be especially uncomfortable to anyone watching the film. What makes it even more upsetting and disturbing is that he's horribly burned and shares his last moments surrounded by his grieving friends before finally dying in his wife Potts' arms, who breaks down into tears after he dies. Add to Tony Stark's status as a fan favorite, and this is an incredibly shocking, graphic, upsetting, and heart-wrenching scene.
- The ending, despite being bittersweet, is extremely saddening and very emotionally intense. It's also very depressing.
- The opening scene where Hawkeye loses his family to the snap is very emotional.
- In a deleted scene, after Tony dies, everyone bows down to pay their respects to their dead comrade. This is very emotional.
- The scene where the Avengers learn of Black Widow's death is very sad.