The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language, some sexual content and violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A very brief shot of a woman covering her breasts with her hands
- Overall, this film has some references
- A brief shot of sexual activity. Does not last long.
- There are non graphic black-and-white paintings of naked women in the background of some shots. There are naked statues.
- An elderly man is seen bathing. His genitals are not visible.
- A man says a woman is like dynamite
- Some remarks about a man being a predator
- Brief shot of man and a woman kissing in bed.
Violence & Gore
- A goon steps on a person's fingers as they hang off a cliff. Right before the goon can stomp the hand again he's pushed from behind off the side of the cliff to his death. The falling goon is seen flailing his arms and screams till he disappears.
- A prisoner fatally stabs four prison guards and is himself killed in the struggle (mostly off-screen). This is somewhat graphic as the aftermath is shown with blood spilling everywhere and gore splattered on everyone's wounds.
- Many people get punched, often leading to bloody noses and bruises.
- A cat is thrown out of a window. The cat is seen spread-eagle on the pavement in a bright red splat of blood. We see a bloody bag with the dead cat in it later on. The effect is cartoon-like rather than gory.
- A shootout between many characters ensues; no one is visibly wounded.
- Most violence and gore is comical rather than horrific.
- A woman's severed head is pulled out of a basket.
- 20 uses of fuck, six anatomical terms, 13 mild obscenities, six scatological terms, three homophobic terms, eight religious profanities, four religious exclamations. 2 uses of Faggot.
- Name-calling and several stereotypical references to ethnic groups.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People socially consume alcohol. A man is seen smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- All violence is portrayed in a comedic tone (the movie is not dark)
Violence & Gore
- A man's fingers are sliced off with a slamming door; the severed fingers are seen in a close-up. The man's dead body is later briefly shown in a photograph.