Top Gear (2002– )
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
Sex & Nudity
- Condoms are referred to in one episode.
- Lots of mild and sometimes crude sexual humor.
Violence & Gore
- Scenes of (planned) car crashes - no injuries.
- James May's death is implied (although obviously not true) in one episode.
- Rarely, blood is seen, such as in the Middle-East special, where May hits his head on a rock.
- In one episode, an Albanian was killed (obviously not true)
- In another, a dead cow was on the roof of one's car. Later, it was shown bare-fleshed.
- In Season 9, episode 1, a violent car crash that nearly killed one of the presenters is shown, however this episode is never shown on TV at the request of the presenter.
- Season 22 isn't censored.
- Look up Richard swearing
- Hell, damn, arse, bastard, cock etc. Shit is used rarely. Anything stronger than the aforementioned words is bleeped.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drugs may be mentioned, rarely.
- Viagra is used by all three of them in the Bolivia special.
- The presenters occasionally promote smoking. 2 of the presenters have since claimed to stop smoking.
- During a Christmas themed 'news' segment the presenters use Posche themed pipes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Infrequent tense scenes.
- This show has a very comedic tone.
- Occasionally presenters are badly hurt.